- A D Original Diaper Rash Ointment, Skin Protectant With Lanolin and Petrolatum, Seals Out Wetness, Helps Prevent Baby Diaper Rash, 1 Pound
A D Original Diaper Rash Ointment, Skin Protectant With Lanolin and Petrolatum, Seals Out Wetness, Helps Prevent Baby Diaper Rash, 1 Pound
About the product
PEDIATRICIAN RECOMMENDED: A D Original Ointment is a top choice among baby diaper rash products recommended by pediatricians.
TREATS AND PREVENTS DIAPER RASH: Lanolin and petrolatum combine to help seal out wetness and prevent diaper rash for your precious baby.
PROTECTS BABY'S DELICATE SKIN: A D Original Ointment temporarily protects the skin of your infant or toddler from wetness and helps to relieve the discomfort of chapped, chafed, and cracked skin.
EASY TO APPLY: You don't need an applicator or spatula to apply A D Original Ointment. This gentle formula is smooth and spreads evenly.
RELIEVES YOUR CHAPPED SKIN AND LIPS: Not just for babies with diaper rash, A D Original Ointment with lanolin can also be used to protect your chafed skin and lips, too.
What is diaper rash?
Diaper rash is easy to spot and easy to treat. It is a red, patchy irritation found on baby's skin in the genital area, the thighs and the buttocks. Don't worry, Mom, almost all babies get diaper rash from time to time.
What causes diaper rash?
Babies are so susceptible to diaper rash that wet and soiled diapers can irritate baby's delicate skin. Naturally, if your baby is in a wet diaper for too long, she will be more prone to getting a rash.
Some of the most common causes of diaper rash to be aware of are:
– Irritation due to bowel movements and diarrhea.
– Irritation due to moisture from urine (even the most absorbent diapers leave some wetness behind).
– Not drying the skin thoroughly after a diaper change.
– Diaper chafing/friction.
– Allergic reaction to ingredients found in diaper wipes, laundry detergent, soap, lotion.
– Change in food or introducing new foods.
How can I help prevent my baby from getting diaper rash?
Use A D(R) Original Ointment at every diaper change to help prevent your baby from getting diaper rash.
Just as you protect and condition your skin every day, you can do the same for your baby:
– Help prevent diaper rash by applying a generous layer of A D(R) Original Ointment on baby's bottom, genital area and the folds of the thighs at every diaper change.
– It is safe to use every day. A D(R) Ointment is formulated to create a protective barrier on baby's skin, preventing irritation from wetness, soiled diapers, and diaper chafing.
What if my baby gets diaper rash?
Treat with A D(R) Zinc Oxide Cream.
Specially formulated with Zinc Oxide, to help treat and protect your baby's precious skin. These simple tips to treat diaper rash will soothe your baby's skin quickly:
– At the first sign of redness, apply an even, liberal coat of A D(R) Zinc Oxide Cream to the entire diaper area at every diaper change.
– Keep baby's skin clean and dry by changing wet diapers frequently and as soon as possible after it is soiled.
– Wash your baby's bottom with water using a washcloth after each diaper change. Gently pat the skin and be careful not to rub. Avoid using soap or disposable wipes that contain fragrance or alcohol, which may irritate the skin.
– Allow your baby's skin to air dry without a diaper for short periods during the day.
– Avoid non-breathable fabrics and plastic pants.
– With proper care, most diaper rashes will improve within a few days. If the rash worsens or lasts longer, consult your baby's pediatrician.
If you have an infant or toddler, you probably know what diaper rash looks like. Red, bumpy, chafed skin is no fun for babies or their parents! A D Original Ointment for diaper rash is a smart addition to your collection of baby skincare products. Safe to use at every diaper change, it's easy to apply and gentle on tender bottoms. A D ointment helps prevent diaper rash by forming a protective barrier to help seal out wetness. It is also useful on your own skin and lips to provide soothing relief to chapped and chafed skin.
Size: 1 Pound
Product Dimensions: 12.2 x 4.1 x 3.2 inches ; 1 pounds
Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Active Ingredients - Purpose. Lanolin 15.5% - Diaper Rash Ointment. Petrolatum 53.4% - Skin Protectant. Inactive Ingredients: Cod Liver Oil (Contains Vitamin A& Vitamin D), Fragrance, Light Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin.